New love for Lisdoonvarna matchmaking thanks to film!?
It’s been a quiet year for one of the best known matchmaking festivals in the world.
The Covid-19 pandemic called a halt to the start of many love stories at Lisdoonvarna in north Clare.
“One of the funniest aspects is that many people did not even believe the matchmaking festival was real!
“They thought it was made up because of the movie, but when they google ‘matchmaking’, Lisdoonvarna comes up and they are delighted to hear that yes it is very real alright.”
Julie Carr has worked in Media for over 20 years, with experience in television production, PR, print, advertising and digital media.
- The sky’s the limit for high-flying Marco
- Burren Ecotourism Network to launch ‘Solar Meitheal’ project
- Agrifood festival in Burren hailed huge success
- Burren Food Fayre to showcase some of Clare’s finest producers
- Burren ‘Winterage’ festival to take place last week of October
- The Burren is named as Irelands best place to holiday in 2022!
- New love for Lisdoonvarna matchmaking thanks to film!?
- Is Sustainability Finally Getting Sexy?
- Hotel earned €20,000 selling power from hydroelectric turbine to national grid
- People of the Burren
- Fermanagh Herald – Sustainability
- Lonely Planet Article